The Great London Swim
Water Temperature 2016: 16℃
Water Temperature 2015: 18℃
Water Temperature 2014: 19℃
Water Temperature 2013: 17℃
Water Temperature 2012: 19℃
We expect a warm swim this year - estimate 20℃
Numbers approx: 3,000
This race takes place in the same dock as the Virgin London Triathlon, in the Royal Victoria Dock. Although not like swimming in a lake, the water does look inviting especially on a sunny day.
The water was a pleasant 19℃ last year, and we anticipate temperatures this year to be between 16℃ and 19℃ this year.
Once you've booked your place we encourage Great Swim participants to consider MyWetsuitHire.co.uk for their open water swimming needs. We feature the latest wetsuits from the most trusted Triathlon Brands - Zone3, BlueSeventy, Huub, 2XU and Mako.
- Low Cost: Wetsuit Hire from Only £39.75 + Delivery
- Fast Delivery: We ship fast by next day courier. If necessary we can deliver for Saturday mornings for an additional shipping fee. Same day around London.
- Flexible Hire Period: Rental periods available to suit you. Two Week, Four Week, 2 Month or Full Season Hire until September 30th.
- Option to Purchase: Try before you buy and the rental cost can be offset against the DISCOUNTED purchase price!
- Fitting Advice: We offer a personal service where we ask for your height and weight when you book. We will then select the best fitting wetsuit. The size charts are not all accurate and as we hire over 1000 wetsuits during the season we know what fits - we get it right 97% of the time.
- Accessories Available: One stop shop
- Neoprene caps
- Neoprene Socks to protect your feet
- Neoprene gloves
- Neoprene warmth vest [worn under your wetsuit]
- Swim Caps
- Ear plugs
- Race Belt
- Bodyglide [anti chaffe]
All Triathlon and open water simming products can also be purchased from MyTriathlon.co.uk