World ITU Triathlon - Leeds - 9/10th June 2018
previously held in Serpentine Lake, Hyde Park, London up to 2015
In 2016 the ITU Triathlon moved from London to Leeds. Despite some elementary mistakes in the first year when there was a split transition that proved disastrous, the demand seems to have remained strong in 2017 and many of the 2016 niggles have been addressed.
Water Temperature 2016: 17℃
we expect the water to be warm - about 19℃
The Hyde Park London Triathlon didn't take place in 2012 due to the Olympics, however in reappeared in 2013 and 2014 and has been brought forward from September to May. The water temperature can be cooler in May however 2014 saw a warm winter and early temperatures were warm. 2015 could be similar looking at a warm winter though not as warm as 2014.
The lake at Hyde Park is used by the Serpentine swimming club 365 days a year. A considerable sum of money was invested in improving the water quality for the Olympics. The lake is not deep and can warm up quickly - We forecast 15-18℃ in 2015, although if we get a warm spell in the week before, this could rise quickly.
A great event - a must do at least once. A good array of different brands will attend, making the Retail Village a great atmosphere.
We encourage Hyde Park participants to consider MyWetsuitHire.co.uk for their open water swimming needs. We feature the latest wetsuits from the most trusted Triathlon Brands - Zone3, BlueSeventy, Huub, 2XU and Mako.
- Low Cost: Wetsuit Hire from Only £39.75 + Delivery
- Fast Delivery: We ship fast by next day courier. If necessary we can deliver for Saturday mornings for an additional shipping fee. Same day around London.
- Flexible Hire Period: Rental periods available to suit you. Two Week, Four Week, 2 Month or Full Season Hire until September 30th.
- Option to Purchase: Try before you buy and the rental cost can be offset against the DISCOUNTED purchase price!
- Fitting Advice: We offer a personal service where we ask for your height and weight when you book. We will then select the best fitting wetsuit. The size charts are not all accurate and as we hire over 1000 wetsuits during the season we know what fits - we get it right 97% of the time.
- Accessories Available: One stop shop
- Neoprene caps
- Neoprene Socks to protect your feet
- Neoprene gloves
- Neoprene warmth vest [worn under your wetsuit]
- Swim Caps
- Ear plugs
- Race Belt
- Bodyglide [anti chaffe]
All Triathlon and open water simming products can also be purchased from MyTriathlon.co.uk