Great North Swim - 12-14 June 2015
Lake Windermere, North Lake
Date: 12-14 June 2015
Water Temperature 2014: 16℃
Water Temperature 2013: 13℃
Water Temperature 2012: 15℃
Numbers approx: 6,000
Wetsuits are compulsory for all great swims.
We encourage Great North Swim participants to consider MyWetsuitHire.co.uk for their open water swimming needs. We feature the latest wetsuits from the most trusted Triathlon Brands - Zone3, BlueSeventy, Huub, 2XU and Mako.
The largest of the Great Swims, this event is held in the stunning Lake Windermere between Ambleside and Bowness.
The event has sadly not taken place fully in 2011 and 2012. In 2011 the event was cancelled due to water quality issues and in 2102 the storms cancelled one and part of the second day. However this is uncharacteristic and it is reassuring that the organisers [same people who organise the Great North Run] have organised this weekend again this year.
The water was a warmer 15℃ in 2014. Winter has not been too cold so we would expect a similar temperature this year.
We encourage Great Swim participants to consider MyWetsuitHire.co.uk for their open water swimming needs. We feature the latest wetsuits from the most trusted Triathlon Brands - Zone3, BlueSeventy, Huub, 2XU and Mako.
- Low Cost: Wetsuit Hire from Only £39.75 + Delivery
- Fast Delivery: We ship fast by next day courier. If necessary we can deliver for Saturday mornings for an additional shipping fee. Same day around London.
- Flexible Hire Period: Rental periods available to suit you. Two Week, Four Week, 2 Month or Full Season Hire until September 30th.
- Option to Purchase: Try before you buy and the rental cost can be offset against the DISCOUNTED purchase price!
- Fitting Advice: We offer a personal service where we ask for your height and weight when you book. We will then select the best fitting wetsuit. The size charts are not all accurate and as we hire over 1000 wetsuits during the season we know what fits - we get it right 97% of the time.
- Accessories Available: One stop shop
- Neoprene caps
- Neoprene Socks to protect your feet
- Neoprene gloves
- Neoprene warmth vest [worn under your wetsuit]
- Swim Caps
- Ear plugs
- Race Belt
- Bodyglide [anti chaffe]
All Triathlon and open water simming products can also be purchased from MyTriathlon.co.uk